Visit from an Old Friend


Two weeks ago, my first best friend, Nancy Clemente, came through Nashville on her way back to Clarion, PA from Tuscaloosa. Nancy and I attended elementary and high schools together, and she was my first "best" friend. I remember riding bikes with her, running through her great house and singing in my bedroom while one of us played piano. Nancy is one of the most positive people I know and is always happy. We lost touch after high school, but thanks to the internet, we reconnected about 10 years ago, and we've visited only twice since we live so far away from each other.

One of my Murray State friends told me she thinks that maybe my house hadn't sold before so that Nancy and I would have the opportunity to visit again. I think that maybe she's right. ;-)

NEW NEWS!!

If you have followed Nashville Daily Photo, you might remember that I decided to go back to graduate school in January, 2008, and I am working on my MFA in creative writing at Murray State University. On July 10, I'll start my fourth and final semester, my thesis semester. If everything goes as planned, I'll defend my thesis in January and graduate. My classwork has been the reason I have been writing less and less for the blog in the past year or so.

You might also remember that last July, my husband was able to take early retirement. When we moved to Nashville 13 years ago, we had no idea that we would stay here this long, nor did we have any idea that we would be looking at enjoying retirement at our ages.

We've always planned to move back to Las Vegas when we retired. While our house has been for sale for a few months, the economic downturn the US is facing right now has slowed down our plans. Showings have picked up, so we're hopeful. . . .

So, all of that said, I need to announce that I'll be closing down Nashville Daily Photo within the next few weeks. I am going to have to concentrate on writing my thesis, and that will take a huge amount of my time over the next several months. In addition, we will eventually be moving west, and I would have to close the blog anyway.

Before I close my blog, I would like to share some of my favorite places in Middle Tennessee, and I'll show you the Top Ten Things I'll Miss About Nashville. I hope you'll come along for our ride into the sunset.

Tomorrow: One of the big things I'll miss about Nashville when we move.